Thanks for your interest in volunteering at HQ! From the start, we’ve said that community support would be critical to our mission, and again and again, it’s proven true.
We value your experience with us, and we want to make sure that no matter what you decide to do at HQ, it’s a good fit! Below, you can learn more about ways you can help HQ and serve our community’s at-risk youth.
In addition to serving at-risk youth, you can help HQ with its operational needs.
- Refresh and Reset: Help keep our space safe fresh, safe, and welcoming for members. We reset our space before every drop-in to ensure that every member enters a space that feels clean and new just for them.
- Organizing and sorting donations: A well-organized back room is critical to smooth drop-ins and gives young people quick and easy access to necessities.
- Building maintenance: Handy? Our facilities get plenty of use, and lending us your skills means our space remains safe for the young people we serve.
- Administrative support: Write thank you notes, make phone calls, enter data and more that helps run HQ every day.
Get Started With HQ
Before you can volunteer with HQ, you’ll need to complete a series of tasks:
- Fill out the online volunteer application.
- Email about your interest in volunteering.
- Our staff will reach out about next steps including background check and volunteer placement.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Your group can volunteer by deep cleaning our space or sorting donations. You can also prepare freezer meals in your own space and bring them to HQ so we can use them during drop-in. To get your group involved, contact us!
Note: Groups of volunteers do not need to go through the volunteer training process and will not work directly with youth during drop-in.