Thanks for your interest in volunteering at HQ! From the start, we’ve said that community support would be critical to our mission, and again and again, it’s proven true.
We value your experience with us, and we want to make sure that no matter what you decide to do at HQ, it’s a good fit! Below, you can learn more about ways you can help HQ and serve our community’s at-risk youth.
Work With Youth in Grand Rapids
As a volunteer during drop-in hours, you could help in the kitchen, provide support in the space, or offer a special skill or talent. In this role, you would spend time building relationships with youth and supporting the drop-in team.
We’re always looking for volunteers with specialized skills and insight. If you’ve got unique skills, consider the opportunities below.
- Nursing and healthcare: Do basic first aid and triage with young people during drop-in. (Volunteers must be either a licensed nurse or doctor.)
- Inclusion support: Provide support and insights we can use to better serve the diverse youth population in our community.
Get Started With HQ
Before you can volunteer with HQ, you’ll need to complete a series of tasks:
- Fill out the online volunteer application.
- Email Liam about your interest in volunteering.
- Liam will reach out about next steps including background check and volunteer placement.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Your group can volunteer by deep cleaning our space or sorting donations. You can also prepare freezer meals in your own space and bring them to HQ so we can use them during drop-in. To get your group involved, contact us online!
Note: Groups of volunteers do not need to go through the volunteer training process and will not work directly with youth during drop-in.