Thinking of Giving to HQ?
At HQ, we’re always looking for ways to support young people. Here’s our current wish list. You can also check out our Amazon Wishlist for an exhaustive list of suggestions and needed items. We currently have open donation drop-off hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am to noon.
- Sponsor a meal
- Gift cards for fresh produce
- Bottled water
- Ready meals (ramen, cup-o-noodles, etc)
- To-go snack foods
- Undershirts (new only, men’s and women’s, all sizes)
- Bras* (all sizes/styles, gently used are okay)
- Underwear (new only, men’s and women’s, all sizes, boxer briefs and cotton panties preferred)
- Ankle socks
- Sweatpants (sizes L–XXL)
- Food service gloves
- Liquid dish soap (Dawn or similar)
- Laundry detergent (liquid or powder)
- Paper plates and bowls
- Trash bags (13-gallon and 8-gallon)
- Re-useable water bottles
- Liquid body wash
- Lip balm
- Shaving cream
- Travel-size tissues
- Shower caps
- Full-size shampoo and conditioner
- African-American hair care products for relaxed or natural hair
- 31-day bus passes
- Phone chargers (Apple and Android)
- Backpacks (gently used are okay)
- Headphones (Skullcandy or similar)
- Hair ties
Other Ways to Give
Prepare a Meal for Our Youth
We’re dedicated to making sure there’s a hot meal waiting at HQ during every single drop-in. Help us make warm, nourishing food a reality by preparing a freezer meal! More info here.
Please contact us at [email protected] for recipes, preparation instructions, and drop-off times.
Check Our Amazon Wish List
HQ maintains a wish list at Amazon.com. There, we’ve listed items that our youth consistently need. Your donation can be shipped directly to HQ, or you can have the items delivered to your home and make arrangements with us to drop them off.
Shop Using AmazonSmile
When you sign up for an AmazonSmile account through AmazonSmile – Grand Rapids HQ, the AmazonSmile Foundation donates 0.5% of the purchase price to HQ. When selecting a charity, search for “Grand Rapids HQ,” then start shopping!
Have questions? Send us an email at [email protected] or call us at 616-406-3945.