As an HQ Member, You Have the Right To:
- Be treated with respect and fairness by staff, volunteers, and other members.
- Choose to accept or decline any HQ services.
- Make goals and lead the process of reaching them.
If you feel any of these rights have been violated, let an HQ staff member know.
Safety: HQ is a Violence-Free Space
Members, staff, and volunteers agree to:
- Not participate in physical, verbal, or emotional violence.
- Keep HQ safe and free of weapons and drugs by storing these items in the lockers at the front desk.
- Guns are not allowed on the premises.
HQ staff must follow Michigan Law and comply with law enforcement regarding warrants and pick-up orders.
Inclusion: All Are Welcome Here
- We embrace differences in race, color, nationality, religion, culture, gender identity, gender expression, immigration status, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, military status, and ability.
- Comments or behaviors that create an unsafe environment will not be tolerated.
If at any time you do not feel accepted and celebrated exactly as you are, please let an HQ staff member know.
Privacy: Membership Information is Confidential
We do not share member information unless it is required by law. This means that your presence at HQ cannot be confirmed or denied without your permission.
HQ does participate in community conversations about youths’ experiences. However, if your personal information is used, any identifying information will be removed.
Staff and volunteers are required by law to report any suspicion of child abuse/neglect and foster care AWOL. We are also required to take steps to increase your safety.